Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Grieving

We had our ultrasound and have some very clear answers. The gestational sac has started to shrink which clearly means there is nothing growing inside it and that the pregancy is not viable. We have decided to wait until Monday to have a procedure done, but have peace in knowing there is not a new Rozema joining our family in Febuary. I must be all cried out because I haven't even cried today. I'm home doing paper work and getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. I am thankful for a clear answer as waiting has been one of the hardest things. I know that there is a reason for this and we will try for another child in a few months. In the mean time, I will enjoy the rest of the summer with my silly boys and remember this little one along with the first one that we lost.

I remember asking Jeff, when we first found out we might miscarry, if he thought God was taking care of our baby. I have to believe that both of our little angels are with God and all of the other children who do not make it to birth. Maybe that's where all of those baby cherub images come from. I won't ever look at them the same as I wonder what our little cherubs look like and know that I will recognize them in heaven.

Thanks for all of the prayers for our family. I do have an amazing peace about this and know if must be from all of your faithfulness!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Hugs to you my friend

the reverend said...

aww Becky, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm keeping you and Jeff in my prayers. I can't wait to see you all up North camping.